Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Our Car...The Lemon



We currently have the car from...cough, cough (excuse my language) Hell. Whatever you do, never buy a Suzuki.

Meg and I currently own a 2004 Suzuki Verona. As you can see from the picture...it looks pretty darn nice. Sunroof. Leather. Loaded. That fancy wood-paneled stuff. However, looks can be very deceiving.

We have owned the car for 18 months. Meg drives 10 miles a day. The car stays in the garage and is in a parking deck during the day. So, it is not like we treat it like a beater. During those 18 months, we have "invested" about $2,000 in repairs. Here are a few of the problems (too many to recall from memory) that we have had:

~ suspension problem that took over a month to fix
~ Throttle Body (3x)
~ Intake Manifold
~ Fuel Injection Sensor
~ Wiring Malfunction
~ Check Engine Light has come on over a dozen times.

This month alone, the car has been in the shop for 19 days and counting. This time, the "service" department cannot get the check engine light to turn off. Pretty sweet huh?

We are currently taking several roads to find a cure to this problem. I have a letter to submit to Suzuki along with the repair orders we have accumulated. Also, we are going to seek help from the Better Business Bureau about a possible Lemon Law infraction.

Please pray for us about this situation and that it will no longer hurt us emotionally and financially. God has a funny way of teaching us lessons, but I am still trying to figure this one out.

2 comments:

Tam said...

Hi! I'm Tam from inProgress. This post caught my eye. I've never had a lemon like this but I've always thought that for ALL the money we pay for a car - it could at least last a little longer than it does. Then to have all that's gone wrong with yours to happen is just unacceptable. I will pray, now, that the manufacturer will do the right thing. Please keep us posted in this...

Thanks for letting me stop by!
Have a great weekend!

OneManMajority said...

Thanks for checking in Tam! I always love and welcome new viewers :) Love your blog too! Thanks for the prayers on this situation and talk with you soon.

...a blog about life and faith...