Saturday, December 29, 2007

Lemon Update

After spending a few hours on the phone, I made a little progress with our vehicle situation. Like I figured, no one was really willing to help us out. The overall sentiment was, "Sorry Buddy, you're out of luck."

I called The Ohio Attorney General (office of Consumer Complaints), the Suzuki Corporation themselves, a second party government agency (CLDS) affiliated with Suzuki, and the dealership where the vehicle was sent after manufacture.

The OAG, Suzuki, and CLDS said that because it was bought as a used vehicle (which I think needs to be drastically changed) I was stuck with what I have. So basically, Suzuki was saying, "Yes, we made a bad product...but, good luck with that."

Sweet huh?

We made some progress with the dealership however. Fred Martin (never go there) was willing to take our car as a trade-in. Luckily, the car is worth as much as we owe, so we would basically be breaking even. The only catch? We have to buy a car from their lot (so, of course they were willing to work with us). The sad thing is, Fred Martin will probably turn around and sell this lemon to some other poor soul. Rather disturbing if you ask me...

Anyways, we will be keeping our eyes out for a vehicle that we like at Fred Martin and hopefully (soon), we will get this problem off our hands!

2 comments:

Tam said...

Sheeze! Crazy stuff. I say when you give the lemon back...write a note and stash somewhere in the car where only the next owners will find it. Put your number on it and have them call you.

We bought a car once that broke on the way home from the lot now that I think of it. It was in the car dealers shop for almost 2 months. We made 2 car payments on a car we hadn't had for more than 2 hours. Silly.

I'm sure it'll all work out and I do pray the perfect car will show up on the lot for you. you'll know it when you see it!

OneManMajority said...

Thanks Tam! I appreciate the thoughts and prayers. Have a safe and happy New Year :D

...a blog about life and faith...