Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hoover Track and Field


I'm Baaaaack!

Today I was hired as an assistant track coach for the middle school track team at Hoover (grades 7 & 8). I'm excited to be back in the sport that I have loved for many years now. It will be fun to be around the sport again.

To me, and I have played just about every organized sport, track is by far the most competitive sport around. It is pure talent against pure talent. There are not many variables to compare athletes against. You are either faster than the others, jump further than the others, throw further than the others, or run further faster than the others. Track is amazing.

I'll actually be coaching the shot put and discus. I know, out of my comfort zone. But, it will be a good learning experience since I would one day like to be a head coach. Plus, it is a foot in the door and something that I am very passionate about. The high school coach said he would hook me up with some tutorial videos. Coaching on the middle school level is all technique anyway. It should be a good time :)

I have some studying ahead of me!

No comments:

...a blog about life and faith...