Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Gifts


It's official, I am currently on Christmas break!

My break this year runs from December 21 to January 7. Not too shabby. The kids were VERY wound up and exploded out the doors when the school day ended. I'm not sure who was more elated, them or myself :D

Anyways, one of the perks about being a middle school teacher is that the students still buy/make their teachers gifts. Here is how I faired this year:

~ a pink fleece blanket for Kayley
~ two tiny stuffed animals for Kayley
~ chocolate nutted pretzel rods
~ homemade hard candy
~ $25 to 91 Oven
~ $75 to Babies R' Us
~ $10 to Office Max
~ $10 to Best Buy
~ $10 to Starbucks
~ $5 to Panera
~ $5 to Handel's Ice Cream
~ aspen almonds
~ Pat O'Brien's coffee
~ cookies from a classroom cookie exchange
~ hot cocoa mix, mug, and Heggy's chocolates
~ candy dish with candies
~ Homemade rasberry jam
~ assortments of homemade goodies
~ a notepad

Not too bad from a 6th grade class of 118 students. I love my job :)

<><

2 comments:

Cool Dad said...

Wow, that's quite a haul! Sounds like a great class of kids.

cool mum said...

Lucky! (boy, I really sound like Napoleon Dynamite these days)

...a blog about life and faith...