Wednesday, October 22, 2008

McCain/Palin Rally

Today, after taking the day off to be with Kayley while Megan caught up on some work, I attended the McCain/Palin Rally at Green High School. This was my first political rally. After listening to a few local politicans, Gretchen Wilson and Lee Greenwood sing, and some local school spirit; McCain and Palin made their grand entrance into the Green High School football stadium.

I wasn't sure what to expect. Obviously, I've heard the stump before, but this was a lot different. McCain and Palin were real. It felt like they were speaking directly to me. For an hour, John and Sarah were one of us. The age turnout was considerably younger than I thought. The atmpsphere was energizing. The whole crowd was patriotic. It was patriotic because of what John McCain and Sarah Palin stand for. It was a moving experience from a political standpoint.

Here are some pictures from the event. I was about 40 feet out from the podium; dead-center. After so much time on the road, the candidates looked fresh. They looked like underdogs with something to prove. They looked like the next president and vice-president of the United States.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am terribly proud of you for going to the Victory Rally!! Your BLOG reports on the entire campaign have been fantastic! It seems to me that you have a bright political future ahead of you!!!

...a blog about life and faith...