Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Camp Muskingum: Year Two

Well, I'm back!

This past Monday morning, 122 sixth-grade students and six teachers (including myself) left for a three day/two night trip to Camp Muskingum in Carollton, Ohio. Besides the average temperature being in the 30's, the experience was a blast!

I attended several nature-based classes with the student groups, hiked the trails during the day (once at night) with my colleagues and students, ate pretty good camp food, monitored restroom breaks, played games and talked with the kids, chaperoned a dorm with 60+ boys, and just enjoyed watching the students interact in a different environment that was outside of school.

Tomorrow it is back to my classroom. However, I now have stronger bonds with my colleagues and students...which is always a good thing.

People always say that a teacher can enrich the lives of his/her students, but I firmly believe that a student(s) can enrich the life of his/her teacher(s). Each year, there are students that really standout above the rest. You see their drive for success. Their enveloping personalities. The good head upon their shoulders. The kind spirit they possess. You see a bright future. This "job" really is a privilege.

What an awesome profession.

No comments:

...a blog about life and faith...