Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"Quotes"

Words can leave an amazing impression on the mind and paint brilliant pictures within the soul. This is why I love quotes. I have a document saved where I am continually adding to my list of favorites. Just thought I would share a few in the blogosphere:

"I always loved running - it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."
~Jesse Owens~

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even." ~Muhammad Ali~

"There is a movement bubbling up that goes beyond cynicism and celebrates a new way of living, a generation that stops complaining about the church it sees and becomes the church it dreams of."
~Shane Claiborne~

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."
~William Durant~

"Every attempt at human progress has been an attempt to overcome what was lost in the Fall."
~Randy Alcorn~

"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen; not only because I see it, but by it I see everything else."
~C.S. Lewis~

"The danger when men stop believing in God is not that they'll believe in nothing, but that they'll believe in anything."
~G.K. Chesterton~

"If you are not a liberal at 20, you have no heart. If you are not Conservative by 40, you have no brain."
~ Winston Churchill~

""The people, who were trying to make this world worse... are not taking a day off. How can I? Light up the darkness."
~Bob Marley~

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." ~Ronald Reagan~

"While women weep, as they do now, I'll fight; while children go hungry, as they do now, I'll fight; while men go to prison, in and out, in and out, as they do now, I'll fight; while there is a drunkard left, while there is a poor lost girl upon the streets, while there remains one dark soul without the light of God, I'll fight, I'll fight to the very end!"
~William Booth~

...

No comments:

...a blog about life and faith...