Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Quotes

For some reason, I have always loved quotes and random facts. The following are a few of my favorite quotes taken from various sources. Enjoy!

Be still and know that I am God.
~Psalms 46:10~

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
~Phillipians 4:13~

"Something inside of me just said 'Hey, wait a minute, I want to beat him,' and I just took off."
~Steve Prefontaine~

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."
~Steve Prefontaine~

"I always loved running - it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."
~Jesse Owens~

"Awards become corroded, friends gather no dust."
~Jesse Owens~

"One chance is all you need."
~Jesse Owens~

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even." ~Muhammad Ali~

"There is a movement bubbling up that goes beyond cynicism and celebrates a new way of living, a generation that stops complaining about the church it sees and becomes the church it dreams of."
~Shane Claiborne~

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."
~William Durant~

"Every attempt at human progress has been an attempt to overcome what was lost in the Fall."
~Randy Alcorn~

"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen; not only because I see it, but by it I see everything else."
~C.S. Lewis~

No comments:

...a blog about life and faith...