Sunday, November 18, 2007

Baby Shower

I'm still amazed...

Last night, our living room looked like the stockroom of Babies R' Us. This child is very loved from our family and friends. While we were in the car last night, I asked Megan what it would be like if we didn't have all of this support and love.

We couldn't even imagine the possibility. How do some people do this when they can't even afford to put gas in their car or a meal on the table.

God has blessed us abundantly.

But, I have begun to ask the question why? Why has He showed me so much love? Why has He put so many "Godly" people in my life? Why has He chosen this path for my life? What did I possibly do to deserve Him?

The awesome part, I do not want to know. I just want to pay it forward. Show people His love on a daily basis. Live the life He set me free to live. Trusting in God alone is an unbelievable release. It makes you focus on the important things and to not sweat the small stuff. God is a fan of my life, it just took me awhile to get off the bench and into the game.

With all of the gift cards we received and some returns of duplicates, we were able to get the biggest items from our list. Last night, we purchased our travel system, swing/glider, pak-and-play, breast pump, and an extra car seat base. How awesome is that?

I liked what Megan said last night on the way to pick-up something to eat. She said, "This morning was the last time our house will ever be normal."

Abnormal is good ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you! I always would like a normal life. I always plan my days and my travels. But if the days and the things really follow my projects at the end I'm not really satisfied. And moreover I'm not happy.
The experience is that moments that make me happy have never been planned by me. They were unexpected. Gifts of an Other. At the end in our lifes the only hope are unexpected thinghs and events.

Cool Dad said...

Congratulations on all the baby loot! And the coming baby, too!!

It's amazing how much God is glorified through a little baby. It's awesome.

OneManMajority said...

Thanks for the comments!

...a blog about life and faith...