Sunday, November 25, 2007

Christmas Decorating


Yesterday, Megan and I spent a good part of the day decorating for Christmas. We decorated the house, set up the Christmas tree, strung the outside lights, hung wreaths, and basically grew tired of the whole ordeal...quickly.

Besides for the "show and tell" factor, why do we go over the top to celebrate one holiday? Now don't get me wrong, I love sitting in my living room at night with nothing else on but the lights of the Christmas tree, but how many Santa/Snowmen/yards of garland does a person really need?

Maybe the kid factor motivates the decorating mechanism in our brains. I guess we'll find out...

soon!

2 comments:

Cool Dad said...

The kid factor definitely motivated us to decorate this year. Last year, we actually did no decorating. We used the pregnancy as an excuse and we were going to our families' for Christmas anyway. This year's gonna be a lot more fun.

OneManMajority said...

Thanks for the forecast of things to come. I was starting to think i was a scrooge!

...a blog about life and faith...