Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hypocrisy

Over the last few days, I have sifted through a wide range of emotions regarding the recent presidential election. As most of you know, I disagree passionately with the political views of Barack Obama. However, I did all that I could to stand up for a cause I wholeheartedly believed in.

Although I disagree with Barack Obama the politician, I have to support Barack Obama the person. Will my views change? Maybe. But, the only person that can change those views is Barack Obama himself. I want to see this "agent of change" in action. I want to see him reaching across the aisle to help the American people. However, only time will tell.

I admire what Obama has accomplished. I admire the history of the event. I admire the passion he instilled in his supporters. No matter what the outcome tells me, this is still America. We are still Americans. God is still in control.

I pray for Obama to lead with morals and values. I will pray that he leads us in a new, refreshed direction. I will pray for him to bring us together and not drive us further apart.

God Bless America.

On a side note: This election season has been very humbling from a political and Christian standpoint. Because of my political views, I was often viewed as vindictive, unAmerican, uneducated, and unChristian. Since when were we not allowed to believe in a cause greater than ourselves.

Although I get around 100 new readers a week, a few people decided to make this there stomping ground. However, I would like to thank those four people for educating me on the view from the other side. Our differences make us stronger.

7 comments:

Daniel J. Carrington said...

I, too, would like to see him work with the conservative side of the house.

After having listened to many of his stump speeches, he has often made reference to his willingness to "reach across the aisle" but his voting record shows that he only works with the other side when THEY come over to HIS side.

Let's pray that this new administration does better than we expect.

Josh said...

Bravo. Classy. McCainian.

Thank you. I thoroughly appreciate our conversations and would welcome any debate we may have about issues in the future.

Carrie Babcock said...

Wow Ryan, way to be a better man... I am shocked to have read this comment from you, In Christ With Christ. You say you have not disrespected Josh in any way this whole time. What do you think this last paragraph was all about. People who are non-christians probably read your blog and to belittle another fellow Christian like this just goes to show why non-christians view us the ways that they do. You have no idea the person Josh is. How could he talk with you to your face when he lives hundreds of miles away. I find it hard to believe this whole time you never said any negative words to other people or had conversations with your wife about Josh. You are not perfect, noone is and what ever happened to turning the other cheek? Very disappointed about what you wrote.

OneManMajority said...

Carrie,

Your right, I am (as Josh has said) an ass. My views (as Josh has proclaimed) are uneducated, disgusting, and incompetent (his words, not mine). I have (according to Josh) destroyed his family and friends salvation because of our disagreements.

I may be a Christian, but I do not allow people to walk all over my character and degrade me as a person.

Anyone can look through this blog and check out the dialogue. I have never been degrading to anyone.

I disagreed with your positions. If that is degrading, then I'm sorry for disagreeing.

And Carrie, I have never had anything negative to say about anyone on my blog. Again, I disagree philosophically, but that doesn't mean I speak negatively of them.

I think a few of you need to listen to your own words.

Ryan said...

Ryan,

I'm sorry that you believe my last email to you was ostracizing in any way. Should I feel ostracized by you for getting no response? It seems that whatever I do, I do it wrong. If I dialog, I'm "policing your blog" if I email and apologize saying that we just disagree and "I'm sorry for anything I've done to hurt you" then I'm ostracizing you. I only wrote this post on your blog to clear my name. I've never ostracized you; please be careful man...

OneManMajority said...

We can agree to disagree Ryan. No matter what I say, you see it another way. No matter what you say, I see it another way.

I think it's best just to let it be and not hold anymore discussions. Neither of us will ever be right.

Ryan said...

O.K Ryan, but I don't disagree with everything you say and I don't see everything differently than you do. And I'm sorry that we can't hold any more discussions. Keep on expressing yourself, it's good for the soul. No malice intended on this end but I'm sorry if I unintentionally was hurtful...

...a blog about life and faith...