Sunday, April 13, 2008

Softball


So, I finally did it...

I joined a softball league!!!

For years, I have wanted to put my competitive drive into something dealing with athletics. Growing up, I was always VERY competitive when it came to sports (I was that guy that went full go in gym class and then went to class sweaty...sweet). I was an All-Ohioan in Track and Field in high school and then competed collegiately in the same sport. Ever since I stopped running in 2003, I have been DYING to get back into sports. Any sport!

So, this past week I joined a men's softball league in Massillon which starts on May 12 and goes through the summer. Nothing better than roaming the outfield with grass stains on my knees and the sun going down behind me on a warm summer night....

ahhhhh, sports. Where would we be without them? That is a cruel world I never want to know ;)

1 comment:

Cool Dad said...

sweet! i too miss competition. and i was never really good at anything anyway!

...a blog about life and faith...