Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Better Half



"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh~

My wife is an amazing mother. I have known this now for 4 1/2 weeks (not that I never thought so before). When God created the woman, He instilled something in her that is unteachable, unlearnable, and by nature...simply unimaginable. Megan, although just as educated as me on the baby subjects, always seems to know what to do and how to act. She changes the nasty, "blowout" diapers, doesn't mind the spit-up running down the front of her shirt, wakes up from her slumber several times during the night for a feeding and burp session, and loves Kayley unconditionally.

With my work schedule (and nature of my job), I NEED my sleep. I'm very blessed to have a wife who supports my needs and does an amazing job at taking care of our little one.

Kayley, you are one lucky little girl...

6 comments:

cool mum said...

beautiful picture!

Tam said...

You are way too cool of a husband! I love how you love your wife out loud like this!

What a beautiful family!

OneManMajority said...

Thanks girls! I appreciate the thoughts :)

Heidi said...

What Beautiful women you have in your life!!!


You are a man called BLESSED.

Cool Dad said...

And you are a blessed husband, Ryan! Much props for recognizing that :)

Anonymous said...

I love the quote -- Megan is glowing in her new state of momminess. I love seeing you three together. What a beautiful family!

...a blog about life and faith...