Friday, September 28, 2007

Busy Bee


What a week...

It seemed like just yesterday, Meg and I were one of the most boring couples around. Now, we have a hard time stopping to just take a breather.

The bad thing?

It isn't going to get much better.

My teaching job at Hoover is mentally draining. If you have kids, you know how sometimes they seem to just ask question after question? Gets tiring huh? Now imagine that times 130.

Everyday.

My days go fast. My weeks go fast. But, I am CONSTANTLY talking, grading, recording, implementing, revising, yelling, joking, assigning, explaining, discussing, demonstrating, disciplining, directing, assessing, observing, printing, copying, charting, e-mailing, thinking, planning, fostering, memorizing...

...and then lunch arrives.

After school, I have department meetings, faculty meetings, church meetings, small group meetings, mowing, cleaning, grading, and so on.

We have made some new close friends, Andrew and Kristen, that we love hanging out with. Our small group is amazing! Why didn't this happen like a year ago? All of us are married couples with (or expecting) children. It is so nice to experience life with people who are at the same point in their own lives. Jason and Suzi Lantz, a couple in our small group, are amazing people and I am so fortunate that God has placed them in our lives. I consider him a good friend and someone I look up to when I see a Christian man with two kids and a wife. He is such a real person and that is what makes it such a cool friendship. The stress of having a child has been minimized with so many people entering our lives who will be with us step for step.

AND...

We still make time to spend with our families. Something that is very important with Megan and I. We are blessed to have parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. who love us and care for us. Sometimes it feels like those are the ones we neglect to spend time with, BUT WE TRY! I have no clue where I would be without a solid foundation rooted in a good set of family values.

Did I mention we have a baby due in 2 1/2 months?

Geesh...

No comments:

...a blog about life and faith...