Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Face of Love...

I've seen your face on stained glass, in colored lights
In pictures of you looking to the sky
You've been portrayed a thousand different ways
But my heart can see you better than my eyes
Cause it's love that paints the portrait of your life

The face of love
The face of love
You look more like love everyday

I've read your words in the pages of your life
And I've imagined what you were like
I may not know the shape of your face
But I can feel your heart changing mine
And your love still proves that you're alive

You are the face that changed the whole world
No one too lost for you to love
No one too low for you to serve
So give us the grace to change the world
No one too lost for me to love
No one too low for me to serve

Let us see
Let us be your face


I love this song by Sanctus Real. The "substance" of this song is so rich and powerful that I could go on and on about the relevance of each point.

However, I wanted to draw your attention to the last verse of this song: "Let us be your face." No matter how many translations of Your Word. No matter how many different artists draw, paint, or sculpt You. No matter what we imagine You to be or look like.

No matter what, Your love is still the same.

How true it is that we, the Church, are the face of God. I love knowing that when I see a child smile, I see the face of God. I love knowing that when I see friends laughing and hanging out, I see the face of God. I love knowing that when I see the love of a parent for their child, I see the face of God. I love knowing that when I see a married couple fifty years strong, I see the face of God. I love knowing that when I see a sunset, I see the face of God.

Our actions and our love for one another is what makes the world go 'round. In reality, the face of God is something that we cannot physically see. But, since we are made in the image of God...I have a pretty good idea. Just look around and see the good in all things and there He will be :)

No comments:

...a blog about life and faith...