Monday, December 29, 2008

P90X



I'm out of shape.

I get tired easily. Running up the stairs makes me short of breathe. I no longer have abs. My body fat percentage has probably doubled. I'm 10-15 pounds over my ideal weight for my body type.

Eight years ago, I was an All-Ohio athlete in track and field. I was a collegiate athlete as well.

Now? I'm ashamed of myself, my "nonathletic" lifestyle, and this habit of over indulgence.

Sometime this week, I will be receiving my new workout program. The program is called: P90X. Maybe you've seen the TV infomercials? Well, I gave in. The system usually sells for $120, but I bought mine off Ebay for $49.99. Can't beat that. From what I have heard and read about the program, it works wonders. It kicks your butt. It's intense. And, most importantly, it gets you back in shape. As I looked through videos on YouTube, I knew this was the right thing for me. The people using P90X weren't 350lbs and 185lbs after 90 days. They were real people who, like me, had life interrupt their health. With a little time a day and a commitment to the program, these people had amazing results.

So, as I go through this 90 day program, I thought I would use my blog as a motivator. Talk about my ups and downs. Document my progress. Maybe throw up a few pictures here and there(towards the end I'm sure).

Who knows, maybe my P90X journey will motivate you to get healthier. The only lifestyle changes I'm going to make are more exercise and no eating after 7:00pm.

See you later. See you soon.

No comments:

...a blog about life and faith...