Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Leadership = The Word

In our small group, we recently had a shift in direction. With the introduction of REPEAT ministries, my role as group "leader" has expanded. Ryan Solida, the co-leader, has focused more of his intentions on maintaining the REPEAT website and other logistics pertaining to REPEAT itself. With this shift in direction, comes more structure for the group and more use of my own personal time as a small group leader.

Normally, I might complain. However, this has been another blessing in my life. For the 10 months before this shift that we were a group, I might have devoted an hour of my time to our studies.

It showed too.

Our group, although great at hanging out, was hanging on by a thread. Personally, and I'm not sure about anyone else in the group (besides from my talks with Ryan), but I needed more meat and potatoes...if you know what I mean?

Now though, I am putting in a good 3-4 hours a week in order to prepare for group. This includes reading, studying, rereading, sending out the weekly plan, researching on the web, etc. I hope, and I think, that this newly designed structure is helping people grow in their own faith.

I know it is on my end.

And ya, it probably doesn't hurt that I am hardly working...ok...not working this summer. BUT...in all reality, 3-4 hours a week is only about 25 minutes of your time each day. That's like cutting out one TV show, or a few extra minutes in the morning and the evening, or setting aside something that can wait until another time. 25 minutes in 24 hours is hardly anything, but when it comes to drawing you closer to God....it's the best 25 minutes of your day.

No comments:

...a blog about life and faith...