Monday, July 9, 2007

Incoming Call...GOD?

What if God called you?

Seriously though, I mean He technically could...I'm sure you are saved in His iphone (no double meaning there). But honestly, how would you react if you picked up the phone and the person on the other line said, "Hey buddy, this is God." To be honest, I'd probably say, "Who the HECK (and I'm being nice here) is this?" Or, "Get a life loser." And possibly, depending on the moment, maybe even a sarcastic "Your Mom." Couldn't you put yourself there too? 99.9999% of us would be jumping to all sorts of conclusions...none of them being that it is really God on the other end.

Why do we do this?

Throughout prior human history, it wasn't unusual for an average person to hear the Word of God. Why are we so quick to jump the gun? Personally, I do not think God will ever send me a text message saying, "wat r u up 2? bff ever." But, I'd definitely save it and sell it on e-bay with the Mother Mary grilled cheese sandwich (I'm surprised someone hasn't already done that actually).
With that being said, I guess what I'm really trying to say is why are we so scared to really do something for God. Why is our reaction always along the lines of "ah, I'm too busy...maybe later." God is on the permanent back burner. I am guilty of this too. Like I've mentioned before, I want to do something with my faith to inspire others to Christ. But, I always have an excuse. After the school year. After the summer. After the baby is born. Why do I do things like this? What is really holding me back? Is it just pure laziness, or is it really Satan messing with my head?

I challenge you, along with myself, to pick up that phone and say hello. And if it is God on the other end, invite him over for a cookout :)

Do Something with your faith! Share it in the simplest of ways ;)

No comments:

...a blog about life and faith...