Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Crazy Past Two Weeks

WoW...it has been an unbelievable couple of weeks. First, we purchased our first home last week. Currently, we are in the process of financing it and that should be done by the end of this week or the beginning of next. If you think you have spent money before, wait until you purchase a house. There are fees for fees. Closing costs, application fees, agent fees, broker fees, first year of home insurance, home taxes, etc., etc., etc., I have never spent more money in my entire life. I didn't even know I had that much money. But, it is definitely a lot different than just saying, "yeah I'm going to buy a house soon." The reality of it sets in not far after that. But....it will definitely be nice not throwing hundreds of dollars away in rent each month.

Second, we found out that we are having our first child. Megan is 6 weeks pregnant which makes it a December baby. We were very nervous at first (and obviously still are) but we have begun to think of all the family and friends who have been and will continue to be supportive of us. If you would have told me a year ago that I would be in this situation, I would have just laughed. But, people have entered our lives and enriched them in ways we never knew possible. This whole experience is going to be so much fun because of the people that we have around us. We appreciate all of your thoughs and prayers and we are grateful for your love and friendship.

No comments:

...a blog about life and faith...