Monday, August 17, 2009

Next Step



On a side note, I graduated. This past Saturday I officially graduated from the University of Akron with a Master's Degree in Education Administration with an emphasis on the Principalship. I finished the 30 credit hour program (as shown below) in a little under three years and graduated with a GPA of 3.95 (darn A-).

Master’s Courses - 30 credits
5100:600 (3) Philosophies of Education
5100:624 (3) Educational Psychology
5100:604 (3) Topical Seminar: Cultural Foundations of Education
5100:640 (3) Techniques of Research
5170:601 (3) Organizational Leadership
5170:604 (3) School/Community Relations
5170:607 (3) School Law
5170:610 (3) Supervision of Instruction
5170:620 (3) School Culture and Governance
5170:615 (3) Learners With Special Needs

I really enjoyed the program. It really solidified my desire to enter the administration field of education. The most interesting class was definitely School Law.

Anyways, it's on to the next chapter in my schooling career. During the 2009-2010 school year, I will be participating in an internship program that will eventually lead to a license that allows me to practice as an administrator. The internship will consist of 300 hours of professional practice (150 hrs. per semester) and a supplemental class on Resource Management. In order to obtain my license, I will have to complete the 12 credits, pass the Praxis licensure test, and give my statement of Good Moral Character.

Will this ever end???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS DEAR RYAN!!!

WE ARE SOOOOOOOOOO VERY PROUD OF YOU AND ALL THAT YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED IN YOUR LIFE THUSFAR!!!

WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!

"MOM & DAD" H

Aunt Sue and Uncle Bill said...

Congratulations on your Graduation, Ryan! We are very proud of you and your accomplishments! And we are grateful and thankful that G-d brought you to become a part of our family! Much love and many prayers! Aunt Sue and Uncle Bill

OneManMajority said...

Thanks for the kind words all!

...a blog about life and faith...