Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sony VAIO NS

After having a Gateway for almost five years, I finally purchased a new laptop yesterday from Best Buy. My Gateway crashed, completely, a couple of months ago and I wanted to get something before school started this fall. After having an AMD processor, I wanted to try Intel because I wasn't overwhelmed with the Gateway's speed and multi-tasking. I decided to go with the Sony VAIO with Intel Pentium Duo Processor for the price and the performance.

It came down to four choices: The Sony VAIO, Dell Inspiron, HP, or Toshiba Satellite. After comparing the three and reading numerous reviews, Sony won me over. The screen size ("15.4) is perfect. Most people do not realize, the bigger the screen...the bigger the laptop. I didn't want something that was too bulky. It comes with 3GB of RAM, but it can add an additional 5 GB if needed. That is 4 GB more than the competition in this price range. Wireless B, G, and N router connections. 4 USB ports. High Def audio. And...what put me over the top...up to 4 hours for battery life. That is a good hour longer than any of the competition in this price range. The setup was quick and it wasn't loaded with "bloatware" like HP and Dell include on every model.

The only problem I had with setup was trying to connect to the Internet. Upon initial setup, all laptops have to be connected to a router for recognition. This is to allow for a secure setup. Wireless cable and Wi-Fi are two different stories. If everyone had Wi-Fi, Internet access would be a breeze. However, most houses, like mine, are setup with wireless connections that make access a little tricky..especially when setting up a new laptop to an existing secured network. Alas, I got it working and everything is running smoothly!

No comments:

...a blog about life and faith...