Thursday, June 19, 2008

Centerfield



Every single week I long for Wednesday nights to roll around. I have become like a child on Christmas morning. Wednesday night is my double header men's softball league. Getting back into something competitive has been a great release from all the other "stuff" that happens throughout the week.

I play right-center field. I have always managed the outfield. There is something nostalgic about being in the outfield on a summer night. My family and friends enjoying the game. The coolness of the day as the sunsets. The "tink" of the ball coming off the bat. The dirty knees. The fresh cut grass. The sportsmanship. The great plays. Baseball/softball reminds us of everything that summer is supposed to be. I love it.

Here's to summer, family, friends, and a little sport to lighten our load...

No comments:

...a blog about life and faith...