Sunday, June 17, 2007

Summer Gig

So ya, I am technically "working" this summer. I am doing summer school work at Northwest with 6th graders. It's pretty much the biggest bang for the buck you can get! I work from 8am-12pm Monday through Thursday, so roughly 16 hours a week (a joke really). However, I make $19.53 an hour!!! Yes,...$19.53/hour. So in 6 weeks, or 92 hours, I will make about $2,000 dollars. Crazy huh? I have no lesson planning (it is all done for me), there is a snack break and a 15 minute recess, and I have no grading or homework. Besides having to get up in the morning, I have absolutely no complaints...none :)

I am slowly finding out that teaching is the best job ever. The salary (now that I'm at Hoover), the benefits, the holidays off, almost 3 months off in the summer, etc. Can it get any better? Good career choice ;)

No comments:

...a blog about life and faith...