Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I Forgot How Much School Hurts

I've had a real taste of reality over the last several days. Having the summers off is definitely a great perk, but this first week of school is like getting hit with a ton of bricks. Seriously...

Even though I'm back in the swing of things, it's going to take a few weeks just to get my feet underneath me. My brain aches just thinking about everything I've done over the past three or four days. There's is no possible way to describe my job and what it entails. You'd have to spend the day with me to really get a feel for what it's like have 37 eyes glued on you for 270 minutes each day. That's a lot of pressure!

Any takers?....(silence...crickets...)

My schedule isn't too bad this year and I seem to have a great group of kids. I am on a two-man team teaching 6th grade language arts and Social Studies. It's nice that my numbers are low, but the block periods and two subjects make for long mornings and afternoons.

My schedule is as follows:

Academic Assist
Social Studies
Reading
Written Expression
Lunch
Written Expression
Reading
Planning
Social Studies

I can't remember the last time I took a nap, but I came home after my second day...sat down on the couch...and zonked out for 30 or so minutes. It's been nonstop for three days straight. Hopefully, everything will settle down and I'll feel somewhat normal again. Getting up at 5:45 doesn't help either:)

But, I love what I do...so I couldn't ask for more. Still waiting to see what God's plan has in store for me and where He will lead my career.

No comments:

...a blog about life and faith...