Wednesday, June 17, 2009

You In Me

Presently, I have a lot of things on my mind and a lot of things on my plate. Most of them I could easily do without. I'm at a very challenging time in my life right now, and for the first time, I don't feel in control of the circumstances.

A little over two years ago, I was applying for jobs at area public schools. For two years prior, I had worked at a private school. It was a nice foot in the door, but not somewhere that I wanted to be for my entire teaching career. My drive to work each morning was about 30-35 minutes and I had a lot of time to think and pray about what was going on in my life. Unfortunately, I have gotten away from doing that. Each morning, for about a month, I would listen to the same song over and over again. The words had such an impact on the way that I felt and I really feel as though God was talking to my heart as I listened to that song each morning. It was in those early morning trips to work that I realized God had a plan for me.

He would take care of my family and me.

He doesn't break promises.

As I go through some similar situations, I read those lyrics again and I am reminded about the power of faith and the great gift that we all have to trust the power of God. He knows each of us better than we know ourselves and I need to give him a better chance to work in my life and the others around me.

I found a verse that spoke to what I'm trying to write in this entry:

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6


The following lyrics are to that song I listened to and continue to read through. Maybe they will give you that feeling of trust in whatever situations you are currently going through as well...

Up tight, down right
Wound up like a spring
Funny how I worry 'bout what just don't mean a thing
But then that's when
You speak Your truth to me
You say things aren't what they seem
This life's not what it seems
And it changes

I'm in less of a hurry
I'm less likely to worry
When in my heart I receive
Thoughts of my eternal destiny
I've given up frustration
Trust You with out hesitation
But my mind just can't conceive
That it must be the You in me Lord

I tried till I cried
To bring about some change
But in spite of all the work
My efforts were in vain
I guess for this mess
I'm the one to blame
Cause when I'm trusting You
My life's just not the same
I'm different now

No matter what my present situation
I need to give it all to You

No comments:

...a blog about life and faith...