Monday, June 27, 2011

Yard Work 2011

Housework is something you do that nobody notices until you don't do it. ~Author Unknown

This past weekend (Friday-Monday), I tackled a lot of yard work that has been neglected over the past few years...mostly in the weed department. I wish I had remembered to take some "before" pictures...because...it was bad.

Real bad.

Anyhow, after over 20+ hours of weeding, mulching, weeding, mulching, mowing, pulling out shrubs, edging, cleaning, brooming, digging, planting, etc...our yard finally looks like it should. I think I even heard it thank me (or maybe that was a delusion from my impending heat stroke). Megan was a big help, too. She planted a bunch of flowers that helped add a lot of beauty to our mulch beds. Kayley helped too with a Dora gardening set she had gotten from Grandma Kumpf. Reagan...well...she sat around and watched.

Here are some pictures of the blood, sweat, and filth. Hopefully, I can get back off the couch after these have uploaded...









1 comment:

Aunt Sue said...

The yard looks beautiful! You have done an outstanding job! Get some well deserved rest! Much love! Aunt Sue

...a blog about life and faith...